Terms and Conditions
- The PESGB advises members to pre-register as soon as the event, field trip, training course, social events, or any other society activity is publicised to assist with these proceeding.
- The PESGB attempts to take bookings on a first come, first served basis
- All events and other events must be paid for in advance at the time of booking. No credit or invoices can be provided
- All bookings must be clearly made in writing or online, accompanied by payment in full. If sending to the PESGB Office, bookings must be received by the publicised deadlines.
- The PESGB reserves the right to refuse acceptance of any booking
- We regret that we are unable to accept cheques made in any currency other than sterling
- Certain activities and events are restricted to PESGB members only and the PESGB retains the right to refuse bookings by non-members for these activities
- The PESGB does not accept any responsibility for any bookings or failure of any booking to have been taken, or cancellation of any event, activity or booking
- The PESGB will not accept liability for any claim arising from any booking or cancellation of any event, activity or booking
- All those booking on PESGB activities are advised to make their own insurance arrangements and ensure that their own personal and accident insurance is in place
- The PESGB accepts absolutely no responsibility or liability for quality of venue, refreshments, catering, travel, accommodation, publications, presenters, leaders, speakers and all other services provided to those booking on events and activities
- PESGB events and activities are normally organised and run on a voluntary basis by PESGB members - the PESGB is a registered educational charity, run on a voluntary basis
- All bookings and payments must be received in advance of events and any activity booking deadlines. The PESGB is unable to refund any cancellations made within six weeks of an event or activity taking place. Cancellations must be made in writing to the society, six weeks prior to the event taking place. Any refunds due to cancellations made within refund deadlines will be made at the convenience of the society within 90 days of cancellation. The PESGB accepts no liability for cancellation refunds. Up to 4 working days (Monday to Friday) prior to any event, members may substitute another member at no extra charge. No substitution is possible within 4 working days of the event taking place. All substitutions must be advised to the PESGB Office in writing and must include signed confirmation of the place reassignment by the person making the original booking. Members and those booking on an event must notify the office at least 7 working days (Monday to Friday) prior to the event if they have any special dietary, religious or other special requirements. If it is possible to accept on site bookings and registrations they will be subject to an additional charge in all cases. Late (within 10 working days (Monday to Friday) of an event taking place) and onsite registrations cannot be guaranteed delegate information, refreshments or other materials.
- The PESGB is unable to issue any event or activity materials or information to those individuals who have cancelled.
- Please note PESGB is unable to issue any receipts of confirmation to attendees without an SAE in all instances where a receipt is required, allowing at least 10 working days (Monday to Friday) for a receipt to be despatched by the society.
- All attendees for field trips and workshops and other appropriate activities are required to sign a standard legal disclaimer, without which they will not be eligible to attend the field trip, workshop or activity. All disclaimers must be signed and returned to be received in the PESGB Office within seven working days (Monday to Friday) of the of the trip taking place.
- The PESGB reserves the right to amend booking and event and activity charges. Please contact the PESGB Office in the case of any query to check actual charges as provisional charges may be advised with event and booking publicity.
- Those booking on events, field trips, training courses and other activities should note that programmes, itineraries, services and charges may be subject to amendments to those publicised or notified and will include variable and varied services.
- Field trip locations, itineraries and charges may be subject to amendments to those publicised. The field trip charges are variable from trip to trip and include variable services and include variable services. Sometimes charges may not be finalised until after a trip has actually taken place, for example, if itinerary charges are required during the trip.
- Normally a field trip leader and field trip guide is provided for the PESGB field trip charge. The field trip charge normally does not cover minibus hire, any travel, accommodation, refreshments or catering, clothing etc. Please check with the PESGB Office regarding current field trip charges and services provided for those charges, noting that these may be provisional until after the trip has actually taken place. Field trips are by there nature to inhospitable and isolated places and travel and accommodation and catering quality cannot be guaranteed by the PESGB. If accommodation is arranged by the PESGB this may mean sharing hotel rooms and very basic catering.
The PESGB accepts no responsibility for quality of field trip locations, outcrops, guides, accommodation, catering or other services provided, which are normally organised by volunteer field trip leaders and organised in their spare time.
- We often take photographs at events for marketing purposes. By attending an event, you are giving us permission to use images in which you may be present. In addition, these images may be shared and stored on third-party platforms. Should you not wish to appear in any images, please notify the photographer at the event and email email@example.com
- Please note we may use your email address to advise you of future events. If you wish to opt out of this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- These booking terms and conditions may be subject to amendment.
Surviving the Downturn Workshop - Social Media Impact
Surviving the Downturn Coffee Morning
Brittle Deformation, Hydrocarbon Generation And Fluid Migration, Triassic-Lower Jurassic, North Somerset
Posted on: January 30, 2017
Posted on: January 17, 2017
Posted on: January 16, 2017