12 September 2017
Event phone: 020 7408 2000
With Ian Davison, Earthmoves Ltd., & Ian Steel, GEO International Ltd.
Over the last thirty years Brasil has seen some of the world’s largest and most unexpected oil discoveries. This course will bring explorationists up to date with the latest academic and oil industry findings on the opening of the South Atlantic.The 14th Licence Round is ongoing and there is a wide range of blocks available in six different offshore basins which will be reviewed. Further rounds are planned for the next 2 years.
Course content will include:
Early Opening History of the South Atlantic
- Reviews of Rifting History and Parana Plume development – ideas for new syn-rift plays
- Sag Basin development and carbonate reservoirs
- Salt Basin formation and deposition
- Salt tectonics and controls on turbidite deposition
Basins Specific Reviews and Round 14 Block Evaluation
- Pelotas Basin
- Santos Basin
- Campos-Espirito Santo Basin
- Sergipe-Alagoas Basin
- Seismic Practicals
A 100-page course manual will be provided as a PDF file for all course participants.
Refreshments will be provided mid-morning and afternoon. Lunch will not be provided.
PESGB Croydon Office