24th November 2020
Speaker: Andy Alexander – Siccar Point Energy
Topic: Imaging volcanics and intra-volcanic reservoir intervals: comparison of OBN and Single/Dual Azimuth Broadband streamer data on the Corona Ridge, West of Shetlands, UKCS
• The Corona Ridge of the Faroes-Shetland Basin comprises the large Cambo and Rosebank discoveries as well as several significant exploration prospects and leads.
• The main discovered reservoirs include supra-, intra- and pre-volcanic intervals.
• Different vintages of seismic data exist along the ridge between Cambo and Rosebank
• These surveys (with varying processing steps) overlap in two key areas (the northern part of Cambo and southern part of Rosebank).
• Detailed event mapping, analysis of reflectivity data and multiple attributes (including spectral decomposition) shows that these surveys have a varying ability to image the complex volcanic, intra-volcanic and pre-volcanic reservoir intervals.
• Of particular interest is the comparison of the imaging between OBN versus Broadband and the potential improvements from FWI velocity model building.
• The Corona Ridge area is progressing towards field development at Cambo and Rosebank.
• The ability to successfully image the reservoirs in a consistent way will be critical to ongoing success and well planning.
• We will present key comparisons and suggest possible improvements for future seismic acquisition and processing.