Job Alert: E&P Research Analyst, Westwood Global Energy Group
E&P Research Analyst
Westwood Global Energy’s is looking for a Research Analyst to join the E&P team, based in London or Aberdeen. The team provides unique technical and commercial insights to our E&P clients to support exploration and business development decisions. Our research combines deep technical information and knowledge with insight verified by a highly experienced team of industry experts, delivered through online databases, reports and analysis.
The role will provide ample career development opportunities and technical challenges while gaining valuable experience alongside seasoned E&P professionals. This is a unique opportunity for someone with an interest in E&P research and analysis, commercial technical evaluation and a leaning towards working in an entrepreneurial culture.
The work involves monitoring and collating E&P activity through primary and secondary research, analysing data and providing insight to our clients. Key responsibilities will include:
- Research and summarise operational news flow and information on E&P activity
- Interpret E&P company information and draw out insights
- Maintain the Westwood databases through daily updates of wells, discoveries, fields and licences
- Identify significant current events in the E&P sector and document for reports
- Research and analysis on E&P data for consulting projects
- Build relationships and contacts within the E&P sector
- Contribute to the design and future development of the Westwood E&P products
- Provide support to clients through presentations and product demonstrations
The role would suit an earth scientist who wishes to join a small but dynamic and growing consultancy whose mission is to grow the business through products offering deep insights and clarity to the investment community and hard-pressed oil company executives and staff.
You should have 3+ years’ experience in the E&P industry, ideally with an operator or service company, a relevant Earth Science degree and a good understanding of the oil and gas industry through previous employment or assignments. Experience of either the North Sea or global frontier exploration would be an advantage.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com