FREE Career Related Clinics at PETEX 2016
EXPLORE YOUR CAREER Zone at PETEX 2016, is aimed at anyone from graduates to experienced E&P professionals, the employed and the currently unemployed, those wishing to set up a business and those running a business. It is intended to be a feedstock of ideas and resources for individuals and companies to make the most of the current economic conditions.
The “EXPLORE YOUR CAREER” zone will host the following clinics over the 3 day event and one to one appointments are now available on www.Book-4.com
- Hosted by Working Smart and Covering Career Practices:
- CV and Cover Letters Consultation
- Preparing for Interview
- Overview of the Current Market
- Social media advice
- Becoming a Consultant
- Setting up in Business
- Continuous Training
- Transferrable Skills
- Hosted by the Energy Institute (EI). “Transferring skills – what skills, which industries, how long”. This clinic will look at transferring your technical and soft skills from the E&P environment in to the wider energy landscape. Hear from the EI membership team on how to expand your knowledge and skill base to enable transition in to other broader energy sector opportunities covering the utilities and renewables arena. Explore a future career in Energy Management by gaining exclusive chartership through the EI as a qualified ‘Chartered Energy Manager’. Understand what skills are sought and which competencies you need to demonstrate in order to free up a new land of opportunity.
- Hosted by Capital GES. This Clinic will provide advice on undertaking international assignments, looking at the advantages of using this type of service as opposed to having a limited company and managing your own tax. Nick Broughton is an Economics graduate and has 12+ years’ experience in the Recruitment, Executive Search, Contractor Umbrella, Payroll (both in the UK and International) and Employer of Record markets. With a deep understanding of International Tax and employment matters, Nick is ideally placed to advise contractors on compliant operating structures both at home and abroad
- Hosted by Karma Creative. A Professional PhotoShoot for £10. Although not advice per say, it is always advisable to use professionals to help improve your branding and image. They will take numerous shots and you will have the opportunity to review and select your chosen photo. They will email you 4 copies consisting of colour and black and white and both in high (for marketing materials) and low resolution (ideal for social media sites).
To make a booking: Go to “Free Events” at www.book-4.com as soon as possible as numbers are limited. Don’t forget to register for PETEX 2016 (15th – 17th of Nov Excel) if you have not done so www.petex.info We look forward to meeting with you at the Conference.