Geoscientist – Getech, London
Reporting Line: Head of Geoscience Services
Home Office: London
Getech Group plc, a leading independent exploration consultancy, is looking to hire a geoscientist with strong and practical knowledge to undertake thorough geoscience analysis to high standards.
Getech’s strategic focus is to use our geoscience and geospatial skills and services to target high-margin repeat-revenue opportunities through the organic and acquisitional expansion of our portfolio of essential software, data and information products. We do this by offering technically innovative products and services, from which our customers derive practical day-to-day value. Oil price weakness has reshaped the landscape for geoscience services, and we are working to reposition our offering with a clear and differentiated market USP that is technically and commercially compelling to our customers.
CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geophysics is required; a Master’s degree in Geology or Geophysics is preferred
• A minimum of 2–5 years of geoscience work experience is required
• A passion for undertaking technical geoscience project work from block-scale to basin-scale, under the guidance of a project manager
• The ability to address interesting and varied exploration challenges
• A track-record of play-based exploration and prospect creation
• The initiative to plan, execute and deliver assigned work
• A positive and flexible manner
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team in order to meet project deadlines
• You must be a team player who has an inclusive and collaborative approach
• You must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to command the respect of colleagues and clients
• Experience in the use of Kingdom, Petrel and ArcGIS
• Knowledge of specialist geophysics or gravity and magnetics software is an advantage
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Seismic interpretation and well data interpretation and analysis
• Seismic and well data management, plus seismic data loading
• Interpreting complex geological/geophysical data at regional, play and lead/prospect level
• The ability to generate play concepts and create prospects
• The ability to calculate prospect/lead volumes
• Evaluating the risk and uncertainty associated with plays, prospects and leads
• The effective use of data and the application of technology to promote exploration (special seismic studies and gravity/magnetics modelling)
• The integration of interpretations into multi-disciplinary studies as part of a team, under the guidance of a project manager
• Technical data management, interrogation, validation, database creation, scripting and spreadsheet/figure and report preparation
• The effective presentation of technical findings, both written and orally, throughout and at the completion of project work
• Supporting data-rooms and farm-ins/new ventures evaluations on behalf of clients
• The ability to work productively with clients and Getech staff to ensure that exploration plans are appropriate, robust and delivered to specification, on time and within budget
• Representing Getech at national and international events and conferences
• Undertaking overseas trips or secondments on behalf of clients
• Other ‘ad-hoc’ duties as may be reasonably requested by senior management
• The ability to work closely with project managers and the Head of Geoscience Services to produce content for Geoscience Services-related proposals and tender responses
• Assisting in business development and the promotion of projects
• The ability to work well with other staff in the team to meet and surpass organisational and service goals and objectives
The role is based at our office in Holborn, London. We offer a competitive salary and excellent staff benefits, including 26 days’ holiday (basic), flexitime, pension and private healthcare.
To apply for the role, please email your CV and a covering letter that outlines how your experience and interests match our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15th March at 12 noon, with interviews taking place in the week commencing 1st April.
Only applicants with a right to work in the UK will be considered.