Graduate Imaging Scientist / Geophysicist – 2019 Graduate Programme
A Technology Company with a Passion for Innovation
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world-class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. Created in 1931, our history tells the story of a profession conducted with passion and of an adventure stretching across five continents. We employ in excess of 5,300 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Join us to deliver unrivalled geoscience insight to our clients, through complex data science techniques and ongoing development of our powerful software.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients’ energy challenges. Based on the foundations of mathematics and applied physics, we bring our clients a unique range of technologies, manufactured equipment and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
Do you want to use science and creative thinking to solve real problems?
We use exploration geophysics to map the subsurface structure and our imaging techniques are based on applied physics, using high performance computer systems. CGG is a recognized leader in subsurface imaging and our international teams are dedicated to solving our clients’ complex challenges.
We produce tailored products and customised solutions in pursuit of providing a deeper understanding of the Earth’s subsurface structures for exploration, production and optimisation of oil and gas reservoirs.
Become Part of our Team
Working in a project focused team, you will be responsible for building 3D subsurface images from reflection seismic soundings, all of which are constructed using data processing modules on CPU and GPU computer systems.
Through the acquisition, processing and analysis of seismic data, our subsurface images increase our clients’ ability to safely explore and recover hydrocarbon resources.
Using your practical mathematics and physics skills in an applied environment, you will learn to develop and apply the latest data imaging techniques to overcome geophysical challenges, such as noise and multiple attenuation and data regularization.
You will also perform velocity model building and data migration, all with the aim of creating state of the art images for our clients.
Our Imaging Scientists will be expected to learn CGG’s processing modules and how to run a complete seismic projects; from testing to QC and the presentation of these results to management and clients.
We are looking for individuals who are intuitive, ask questions and will continuously seek to improve our technology and processes.
Educated to a Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines; Geophysics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline
Key Skills and Competencies
- A passion and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Demonstrable experience in applied mathematics
- Ideally, but not essentially some experience in programming
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG University platform.
- Salary starting from £32,000 p.a.
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Onsite Exercise classes, almost every day of the week and promoting active lifestyles
- Onsite Social Games area which provide downtime through the working day
- Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.