Web Software Developer (Engineer)
A Technology Company with a Passion for Geoscience
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. Created in 1931, our history tells the story of a profession conducted with passion and of an adventure stretching across five continents. We employ in excess of 5,500 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients’ energy challenges. Based on the foundations of mathematics and applied physics, we bring our clients a unique range of technologies, manufactured equipment and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
Our own Unique blend of Technology, Science and Creative Thinking
We use a unique combination of pioneering proprietary software, visualisation applications and high performance CPU & GPU computing capabilities. Our scientific teams collaborate with customers, through the analysis, enhancement and creative problem solving of complex data. Together we produce tailored products and customised solutions in pursuit of providing a deeper understanding of the Earth’s subsurface structures for exploration, production and optimisation of oil and gas reservoirs.
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in the South-East of England, which employees in excess of 350 staff, operating across a diverse global market, with high profile European and International customers.
As an experienced Web software developer, you’ll play a vital role in the support, enhancement and on-going development of a large variety of cutting edge web applications and productivity tools. In this high impact role, emphasis for this position will be on server-sided coding with significant involvement in front-end design. As an integral member of our global web development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation and delivery of new concepts, through collaboration with colleagues and our business functions to improve product design.
Educated to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines;
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or related computing subjects
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Experience in design, build, testing and support of innovative web-based applications.
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to software performance and user interface improvements or delivery of new concepts
- To communicate effectively with end users from a wide variety of business functions
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG University platform.
- Salary starting from £35,000 p.a.
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible holiday program
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Onsite Exercise classes, almost every day of the week and promoting active lifestyles
- Onsite Social Games area which provide downtime through the working day
- Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.