Raquel Arzola, Edison E&P
The role of the secretary is to support the President by ensuring the council functions smoothly. The secretary may carry out their duties directly or delegate them to a member of staff and ensure that they have been carried out.
- Preparing agendas in consultation with the president and executive director, and circulating them and any supporting papers in good time.
- Chairs the SCID (Disbursements) committee
- Making all the arrangements for meetings (booking the room, arranging for equipment and refreshments, organising facilities for those with special needs, etc)
- Receiving agenda items from other trustees/staff
- Checking that a quorum is present
- Taking minutes (or being responsible for them being taken) and circulating draft minutes to all trustees
- Ensuring that the minutes are signed by the chair once they have been approved
- Checking that council members and staff have carried out actions agreed at a previous meeting
- Circulating agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting and any special or extraordinary general meetings (where required)
- Fulfilling the functions of a company secretary if these responsibilities have not been delegated to a member of staff
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required
Contact Raquel at email@example.com