11 Rules for attending PESGB field trips
All PESGB field trips are booked and arranged by the PESGB or one of its volunteers (the ‘Organisers’); who work with the ‘Field Trip Leaders’ (who will be running the trip on the day) to ensure all activities, transport and accommodations are reserved and logistical details planned. ‘Attendees’ are those who have booked to attend the field trip, either paid or unpaid and will be joining the Field Trip Leaders onsite to enjoy the aforementioned activities.
1) Behaviour – You must behave appropriately, considering your own safety and that of others; both those attending the trip and the general public. You will be asked to leave or the trip cancelled if your behaviour puts yourself or anyone else in danger. You must at all times strictly comply with all applicable laws and regulations of all countries and regions. Any damage to the accommodation, vehicles or other participant’s belongings or equipment caused by ‘horse play’ is not the responsibility of the PESGB.
2) Instructions – You must follow all of the instructions of your trip leader(s). Failure to comply may result in your trip being terminated with no right to a refund.
3) Minors – Anyone under the age of 18 on the date of first travel is considered to be a minor. Minors must always be accompanied by an adult. One adult may accompany up to two minors. If attending a PESGB field trip with children, you are wholly responsible for the safe behaviour of those under your care and must ensure the children comply with the direction of the trip leader at all times. Failure to comply may result in your trip being terminated with no right to a refund.
4) Clothing – You must be wearing appropriate clothing for the trip you are attending. This will usually include suitable footwear for rough terrain, and clothes suitable for hot and cold conditions depending on what time of year your trip is; however other items may be required, please read your joining instructions. If inappropriate clothing is worn you may not be allowed to attend the trip and no refund will be available.
5) Equipment – You must bring appropriate safety equipment with you. This will usually include a hard hat, but you may also require items such as a high vis vest, sunscreen etc. Please be aware of your own health and pack everything you need as well as bringing any items detailed on your joining instructions.
You are responsible for your own luggage at all times, the PESGB takes no responsibility for loss or damage to your luggage while it is in your care.
6) Insurance – It is strongly recommended that PESGB members have personal travel insurance. It is recommended that non-PESGB members have appropriate public liability insurance to cover any incidents as well as travel insurance. This is for your own protection during an unforeseen incident or accident where your actions may impact the health and safety of someone else.
7) Medical – You must inform us if you have any medical concerns (including pregnancy), if there is anything we should be aware of in case of emergencies (such as allergies) or if you have any special requirements. You are responsible for assessing whether a trip is suitable for you and acknowledge that field trips and excursions may involve a significant amount of risk to your health and safety.
8) Itinerary – You must read your joining instructions & itinerary thoroughly. If you have any concerns, please contact the office as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you are happy, medically and physically able to undertake everything that is planned
- Send back the relevant documentation
- Have the correct equipment with you.
9) Travel Documents – It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region.
10) Change – You acknowledge that the nature of field trips requires flexibility and acknowledge that there may be reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries. We try our best to provide up to date logistical information at the time of booking but due to circumstances outside of our control these may change. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice.
11) Data – You consent to us sharing the information you provide when registering for the field trip with field trip leaders, first aiders, hotels and other suppliers/contacts as appropriate in order to run the field trip and ensure your safety. If you have any questions about this please email firstname.lastname@example.org