by SEQ Legal
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
(2) About cookies
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
(3) Cookies on this website
We use only session cookies on this website.
We may send to you the following cookies:
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the shop online on our website;
(3) to improve the website's usability;
(4) to analyse the use of our website;
(5) in the administration of this website;
(6) to personalise our website for you.
(5) Blocking cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to maintain your log in session on this website.
(6) Deleting cookies
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
(7) Contact us
This website is owned and operated by PESGB.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this Cookies Policy, please contact us by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org), by telephone (to 0207 408 2000) or by post (to PESGB, 7th Floor No 1 Croydon, 12-16 Addiscombe Road, Croydon, CR0 0XT)
GEOLiteracy Festival - Kimmeridge Bay, Dorset Field Trip and Evening Reception
GEOLiteracy Festival - Lyme Regis Afternoon lecture
Join the PESGB YP’s for an epic hike through the Cairngorm National Park.
Posted on: March 28, 2017
Posted on: March 27, 2017
Exhibition Booths go on General Sale
Posted on: March 8, 2017